Don’t just take our word for it . . . take His! We would encourage you to spend time examining the following Scriptures that shaped this sermon: 1 Timothy 4.1-5.
- The Spirit has told us false teachings/doctrines will arise.
- The wrong response to God’s good gifts.
- The right response to God’s good gifts.
- Why was it important for the Spirit to tell Paul/the church that false teachings would arise? In what ways, if any, is it helpful to you?
- What is asceticism? What about it was it contrary to the gospel?
- Why do you think people embrace extreme practices?
- How is one seduced away from sound doctrine?
- The challenge to the Ephesian church was false teachings pertaining to marriage and food. What are the false teachings challenging the church today?
- 1 – 2 Timothy and Titus, R. Kent Hughes and Bryan Chapell
- 1 & 2 Timothy, Gordon Fee
- The Pastoral Epistles, Donald Guthrie
- 1-2 Timothy & Titus, Philip Towner
- The Flight of Peter Fromm, Martin Gardner
- Guard the Truth, John Stott
- Worldly Saints, Leland Ryken
- Screwtape Letters, C. S. Lewis
Do you have a question about today’s sermon? Email Steve Wood (SWood@StAndrews.Church).
Audio & Video